1700W Generator Control Unit
The 1700W Generator Control Unit manages the generation and storage of electrical energy to supply the needs of small to medium-sized UAVs.
The GCU is designed to complement the functionality provided by the 900W PDU (Power Distribution Unit). When installed together, these two units form a complete power supply solution including electrical power generation, battery management, power distribution and redundancy for critical sub-systems.
- Main power output provides up to 900W at 57.5V for powering vehicle electronics directly or via PDU.
- Two battery chargers, each capable of providing up to 400W of charging power for rapid in-flight recharging.
- Battery chargers user-configurable for both voltage and current, allowing a wide variety of battery chemistries and sizes to be accommodated. Supported battery types include:
- LiPo: 10-12S
- LiS: 15-20S
- LiFe: 10-14S
- Active rectification of 3-phase inputs achieves highest possible efficiency, minimising self-heating.
- Outputs powered by interleaved, spread-spectrum modulated DC-DC converters for best possible EMI/RFI performance.
- Umbilical input: 35 – 60 VDC.
- RS232 and CAN monitoring interfaces provide extensive reporting of voltages, currents and internal temperature.
Main power & battery charging
User configurable voltage
Customized to your requirements
Standard & single-output version available
Optional starter board
|BLDC inputs||30 to 120 VACpp|
|Umbilical input||35 to 60 VDC|
|Battery charger outputs||36 to 50.4 VDC, 8 Amps continuous|
|Main power output||56 VDC, 16 Amps continuous|
|Low-power output||12 VDC, 1 Amp continuous|
|Environmental protection class||IP67 or IP50|
|Operating temperature range||-40 to +85°C|
|Communications protocols||RS232 (57600 8N1), CAN (1Mb/S)|